Benefits of a Plug-in Hybrid
Drivers who want to have the opportunity to travel on electric power alone but still want the reassurance of having a gasoline engine available are good candidates for plug-in hybrids.
• Models available: C-Max Energi, Fusion Energi
Plug-in hybrids provide:
• Lower fuel consumption and less CO2 emissions because electricity stored in the large capacity lithium-ion battery can be used to propel the car
• The choice of whether or not to plug in and charge the lithium-ion battery
• The selection of when to travel on electricity alone: right away, later or automatically
• The opportunity to charge the state-of-the-art lithium-ion battery using a 120-volt convenience charging cord or available 240-volt charging options
• Clean Pass Eligible - ( H.O.V. lane approved)
Essential Knowledge: When is plugging-in recommended?
It's recommended that drivers "top-off" the lithium-ion battery in a plug-in hybrid (or all-electric car) as often as possible, so there's electricity available to drive all-electric when desired.
Drivers can use one of three methods:
• The standard 120-volt convenience charging cord.
• Available Ford-recommended 240-volt home charging options.
• A publicly-available 240-volt charging station.